The financial crisis gripping Rangers could have far-reaching consequences for the whole of Scottish football.
The twelve SPL teams were due to decide on Monday whether to introduce tough new rules for clubs who go into administration or liquidation.
But, with passions running high inside and outside Ibrox, a vote was postponed for at least a week.
Scotland Tonight’s John MacKay was joined in the studio for a discussion with SPL Chief Executive Neil Doncaster on the issues facing Rangers and the SPL.
More About Focus on Rangers
- Rangers regime battling for control consolidates shares before AGM
- Rangers' largest shareholder pledges support to current board
- Rangers appoint Graham Wallace as the club's new chief executive
- Dundee's Scot Gardiner turns down chief executive role at Rangers
- Rangers appoint new director to oversee 'investment committee'
- Rangers' lawyers 'submit dossier to police on Craig Whyte document'
- Prospective Rangers board members 'bemused' over acting chairman