Residents have had to be rescued from a burning tenement flat in Dundee.
Firefighters attended the scene at around 3.40pm on Thursday in Union Street.
The blaze was put out within minutes and nobody was injured.
A spokesman for Tayside Fire and Rescue said the fire appeared to have started in a mattress in the stairwell.
People living in the flats above the fire were unable to get out and had to be rescued.
The blaze came just hours after firefighters rescued 15 people from a blazing block of flats at Garland Place in the city.
A joint investigation between Tayside Police and Tayside Fire and Rescue Service has been launched.
Roy Dunsire, watch manager, said: "If there are combustibles in the close like that and they were to be set on fire, then obviously there's potential there for persons to become trapped.
"The firefighers were there very quickly and managed to make contact with those residents and were able to reassure them until the fire was extinguished."