On Tuesday, the Queen addressed both Houses of Parliament in Westminster where she pledged to re-dedicate herself to the service of the UK and its people.
In her Diamond Jubilee year, the monarch said it was a time to 'come together in a spirit of neighbourliness and celebration'.
To discuss what the Queen's continuing reign means for Scotland and the UK, Scotland Tonight was joined from Edinburgh by the Royal author Roddy Martine and in the studio is the Scottish Daily Express columnist Dorothy-Grace Elder.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Scotland Tonight: Do you think Pope Francis is Person of the Year?
- Scotland Tonight: How can we better care for dementia sufferers?
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Scotland Tonight: Clutha responders record single with Jai McDowall
- Scotland Tonight: Was law too lenient on faulty implants boss?
- Scotland Tonight: Is the action plan for human rights working?
- Does STV poll show momentum shifting in favour of independence?