The First Minister says he believes Donald Trump will eventually be persuaded about the benefits of offshore windfarms to Scotland.
Alex Salmond was speaking as a blueprint was published which aims to make it simpler for renewables projects to get the go-ahead.
His comments follow an attack by the American billionaire who said an offshore windfarm close to his Aberdeenshire golf course will make Scotland the "laughing stock of the world."
Alex Salmond said: "People will be opposed for a whole variety of reasons but as we mobilise this industry as we are estabished as world leaders tens of thousands of jobs come to this country and as we re-industrialise this nation then, eventually,just about everybody will get on board, even Donald Trump."
More About Donald Trump
- Donald Trump brands Alex Salmond ‘two-faced’ over wind turbines
- Alex Salmond: Trump will 'have to find a reason for going to court'
- Vince Cable defends Scottish Government over Trump row wind farm
- Petition for inquiry into Trump estate reaches 12,500 signatures
- JK Rowling and Donald Trump captured in three decades of Napier photography
- Scotland should be grateful having Donald Trump tell us what to do
- Donald Trump's 'blasphemous' tweet complaint rejected by watchdog