A technical fault at a fireworks display in Argyll and Bute saw all the rockets released at the same time.
The Oban Community Fireworks Display, which should have lasted around half an hour, saw dozens of fireworks go off in less than a minute.
Afterwards, a member of the organising committee apologised to the crowd and confirmed that the display, held on Friday night, was over.
More About Strange Scotland
- Cast of notorious William Burke's brain among curiosities on display
- Greyfriars Bobby gets nose job to restore colour rubbed away 'for luck'
- Antibodies found in shark blood could help tackle breast cancer
- Four candles thief evokes classic sketch in court appearance
- Strange Scotland: Some of this week's more unusual stories
- Shetland bookie shop worker thought raid was Up Helly Aa stunt
- Seaweed forces closure of reactors at Torness nuclear power station