A man has been arrested over an alleged attack on the father of Scots world boxing champion Ricky Burns.
The 21-year-old has been reported to the procurator fiscal in connection with an incident in which Stephen Burns, 50, was allegedly attacked after attending a charity event hosted by his son.
Mr Burns was left with a broken nose following the alleged assault near his home in Coatbridge, Lanarkshire, in September.
A Police Scotland spokesman said: "A 21-year-old man is the subject of a report to the procurator fiscal in connection with the alleged assault."
Ricky Burns is expected to return to the ring early next year after suffering a broken jaw in his last world title fight against Raymundo Beltran.
Download: The STV News app is Scotland's favourite and is available for iPhone from the Apple store and for Android from Google Play. Download it today and continue to enjoy STV News wherever you are.
People who read this story also read
- Teenage girl, 17, raped near children's play park in Scottish Borders
- Woman who was missing for three weeks found dead in Glasgow flat
- Over 2000 Scots military veterans register as homeless in two years
- Council plans to put an end to Glasgow pubs opening in mornings
- James Traynor leaves post as Rangers' director of communications