A man has been handed a Football Banning Order after pleading guilty to holding a flagpole and pointing it at Rangers fans "like a rifle" at an Old Firm match.
Paul Clark, 30, from Cambuslang, Lanarkshire, earlier pled guilty to a charge of behaving in a manner that could incite public disorder.
At Glasgow Sheriff Court on Wednesday he was handed a 12-month ban for the offence at Celtic Park on April 29 last year.
The Banning Order means that he will be banned from all regulated football matches throughout the whole of the United Kingdom for a year.
A spokesman for the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service said: "The court accepted the Crown case that during the match at Celtic Park on 29 April 2012, Clark was pointing a flagpole at
Rangers supporters as though it was a rifle and behaving in a manner likely to incite public disorder."
Speaking after the sentencing Stephen Ferguson, Football Liaison Prosecutor for the West of Scotland, said: "Paul Clark behaved in an unacceptable and offensive manner and will now have to face the consequences of his actions.
"Attending Football matches should be about enjoying the match event and most certainly should not somewhere you are subjected to offensive and inflammatory behaviour.
"The Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service will continue to adopt a zero-tolerance approach to football related disorder of any kind and will continue to bring those who perpetrate such crimes to justice."
People who read this story also read
- Elderly man hit and killed by train causing disruption to rail line
- Flooding risk as heavy rain sweeps across west of Scotland
- Construction work begins near Aberdeen on Scotland's largest new town
- Elderly woman dies after car comes off road and crashes into wall
- Teenager travelled the world in luxury funded by massive fraud