Glasgow-born comedian Billy Connolly has revealed he is receiving treatment for Parkinson's disease.
The 70-year-old entertainer is one of around 127,000 Britons living with the degenerative condition.
His friend, the independent MSP Margo MacDonald, who also suffers from the condition, joined Scotland Tonight to discuss the impact the illness has on patients' lives.
Feedback: We want your feedback on our site. If you've got questions, spotted an inaccuracy or just want to share some ideas about our news service, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download: The STV News app is Scotland's favourite and is available for iPhone from the Apple store and for Android from Google Play. Download it today and continue to enjoy STV News wherever you are.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Scotland Tonight: Will family politics decide the referendum?
- More than 120 business people back Scotland to stay as part of UK
- Salmond renews call for Cameron debate after victory over Darling
- First Minister and Alistair Darling clash in fiery second TV debate
- Holyrood recess begins as referendum campaigns go into top gear
- Scotland Tonight: Spotlight on MP Jim Murphy's tour of the nation
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show