Glasgow-born comedian Billy Connolly has revealed he is receiving treatment for Parkinson's disease.
The 70-year-old entertainer is one of around 127,000 Britons living with the degenerative condition.
His friend, the independent MSP Margo MacDonald, who also suffers from the condition, joined Scotland Tonight to discuss the impact the illness has on patients' lives.
Feedback: We want your feedback on our site. If you've got questions, spotted an inaccuracy or just want to share some ideas about our news service, please email us on email@example.com.
Download: The STV News app is Scotland's favourite and is available for iPhone from the Apple store and for Android from Google Play. Download it today and continue to enjoy STV News wherever you are.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Scotland Tonight: Can Rangers turn its season around off the pitch?
- English MPs able to veto Government bills under Conservative plans
- Scottish Labour leader Jim Murphy vows to rewrite party constitution
- Scotland Tonight: Sports Personality of the Year comes to Glasgow
- Nick Clegg: 'Significant differences' on future of the coalition
- Scotland Tonight: What does it take to be a great political leader?
- Scotland Tonight: Spotlight on Taggart star Alex Norton