Glasgow-born comedian Billy Connolly has revealed he is receiving treatment for Parkinson's disease.
The 70-year-old entertainer is one of around 127,000 Britons living with the degenerative condition.
His friend, the independent MSP Margo MacDonald, who also suffers from the condition, joined Scotland Tonight to discuss the impact the illness has on patients' lives.
Feedback: We want your feedback on our site. If you've got questions, spotted an inaccuracy or just want to share some ideas about our news service, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download: The STV News app is Scotland's favourite and is available for iPhone from the Apple store and for Android from Google Play. Download it today and continue to enjoy STV News wherever you are.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Scotland Tonight: How can we better care for dementia sufferers?
- Scotland Tonight: Do you think Pope Francis is Person of the Year?
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Scotland Tonight: Clutha responders record single with Jai McDowall
- Scotland Tonight: Was law too lenient on faulty implants boss?
- Scotland Tonight: Is the action plan for human rights working?
- Does STV poll show momentum shifting in favour of independence?