Scotland Tonight examines whether the independence debate is lacking vision and has descended into "boring trench warfare" as former SNP leader Gordon Wilson believes.
Mr Wilson has launched a new thinktank called Options for Scotland which aims to expand and raise the level of argument.
With such a long campaign ahead before the referendum in Autumn of 2014, will the public lose interest before the vote?
More About Scotland Tonight
- Are people with learning disabilities still bullied in Scotland?
- Would free contraception for 13-year-olds bring down pregnancy rate?
- Greg Hemphill and Robert Florence prepare for wrestling bout
- Is the G8 a talking shop for world leaders or capable of change?
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Moors Murderer Ian Brady 'suffers from paranoid schizophrenia'
- What does the future hold for Hearts as administration looms large?