Former Liberal Democrat Chief Executive Lord Rennard denied allegations of sexual impropriety made against him by a number of women on Tuesday.
It's a scandal which has engulfed the party, with leader Nick Clegg repeatedly denying claims of a cover-up.
Christine Jardine, a former Liberal Democrat Special Adviser, and Denis Robertson Sullivan, a former member of the party's Federal Executive joined Scotland Tonight to debate the issues.
Just how damaging has this scandal been for the Liberal Democrat party and its leader?
More About Scotland Tonight
- Commonwealth gold medal boxer on why he is turning professional
- Alex Salmond resigns as First Minister in statement to Holyrood
- Almost a third of Scottish children have been bullied, says survey
- Gordon Strachan has tough decisions to make for intense England clash
- Scotland Tonight: Alan Cumming talks about his childhood memoir
- Education review could lead to children starting school at six
- Royal Bank of Scotland fined nearly £400m over currency failings