Former Liberal Democrat Chief Executive Lord Rennard denied allegations of sexual impropriety made against him by a number of women on Tuesday.
It's a scandal which has engulfed the party, with leader Nick Clegg repeatedly denying claims of a cover-up.
Christine Jardine, a former Liberal Democrat Special Adviser, and Denis Robertson Sullivan, a former member of the party's Federal Executive joined Scotland Tonight to debate the issues.
Just how damaging has this scandal been for the Liberal Democrat party and its leader?
More About Scotland Tonight
- Yes campaign chief says BBC referendum coverage was not biased
- Book ignites fresh debate over the safety of sport in schools
- Chancellor: Scotland 'will lower taxes' with more economic powers
- Gleneagles welcomes thousands of golf fans arriving for Ryder Cup
- Nicola Sturgeon promises to seek unity if leadership bid succeeds
- Keith Brown and Stewart Hosie launch bids for SNP deputy leadership
- Parliament to be recalled to discuss action against Islamic State