Former Liberal Democrat Chief Executive Lord Rennard denied allegations of sexual impropriety made against him by a number of women on Tuesday.
It's a scandal which has engulfed the party, with leader Nick Clegg repeatedly denying claims of a cover-up.
Christine Jardine, a former Liberal Democrat Special Adviser, and Denis Robertson Sullivan, a former member of the party's Federal Executive joined Scotland Tonight to debate the issues.
Just how damaging has this scandal been for the Liberal Democrat party and its leader?
More About Scotland Tonight
- Scotland Tonight: Are schizophrenia sufferers getting enough support?
- David Cameron: No rethink over 'fair deal' cuts to tax credits
- Lord Advocate to face questions over fraud probe into MP's lawyer
- Corbyn says Labour will 'learn lessons of the past' in Scotland
- Fiona Hyslop showed 'contempt' over T in the Park funding, claims MSP
- MP Alistair Carmichael to face further trial over Sturgeon memo leak
- Olympic hero Chris Hoy launches mental health sporting initiative