Former Liberal Democrat Chief Executive Lord Rennard denied allegations of sexual impropriety made against him by a number of women on Tuesday.
It's a scandal which has engulfed the party, with leader Nick Clegg repeatedly denying claims of a cover-up.
Christine Jardine, a former Liberal Democrat Special Adviser, and Denis Robertson Sullivan, a former member of the party's Federal Executive joined Scotland Tonight to debate the issues.
Just how damaging has this scandal been for the Liberal Democrat party and its leader?
More About Scotland Tonight
- Police Scotland chief Sir Stephen House to step down in three months
- Sturgeon calls for radical BBC reform and new Scots TV channel
- Leadership hopeful Andy Burnham backs autonomy for Scots Labour
- Driver could have taken 'reasonable precautions', bin crash FAI told
- Left-wing alliance Rise to campaign on anti-austerity platform
- Kezia Dugdale promises 'fresh start' with business community
- Civil rights campaigner Reverend Jesse Jackson gets honorary degree