Former Liberal Democrat Chief Executive Lord Rennard denied allegations of sexual impropriety made against him by a number of women on Tuesday.
It's a scandal which has engulfed the party, with leader Nick Clegg repeatedly denying claims of a cover-up.
Christine Jardine, a former Liberal Democrat Special Adviser, and Denis Robertson Sullivan, a former member of the party's Federal Executive joined Scotland Tonight to debate the issues.
Just how damaging has this scandal been for the Liberal Democrat party and its leader?
More About Scotland Tonight
- PM expected to push for further military action against Isis
- Twitter-happy Scots sent 2.1 billion tweets last year
- Tory English votes for English laws proposals 'sound racist'
- Human rights campaigner Kerry Kennedy honoured in Scotland
- Call for prescription charges after £10m spent on paracetamol
- Robertson slams 'Tory arrogance' over Scotland Bill amendments
- Currencies falter with Greece on brink of missing £1.1bn payment