Former Liberal Democrat Chief Executive Lord Rennard denied allegations of sexual impropriety made against him by a number of women on Tuesday.
It's a scandal which has engulfed the party, with leader Nick Clegg repeatedly denying claims of a cover-up.
Christine Jardine, a former Liberal Democrat Special Adviser, and Denis Robertson Sullivan, a former member of the party's Federal Executive joined Scotland Tonight to debate the issues.
Just how damaging has this scandal been for the Liberal Democrat party and its leader?
More About Scotland Tonight
- Former FM McConnell calls for Scottish Labour to rediscover values
- Finland to back Scottish Government's minimum alcohol pricing plan
- Chief medical officer: Scotland 'well prepared' for Ebola outbreak
- Scotland Tonight: Spotlight on celebrated actor Ray Winstone
- Brown says plan to devolve tax would be 'lethal to constitution'
- Scottish Green Party optimistic ahead of biggest ever conference
- Scotland Tonight: Documentary charts Spanish immigration to capital