The number of young people seeking help about self-harm has risen by almost 90%.
ChildLine in Scotland staff counselled 2174 children last year who said they were deliberately harming themselves.
The number of children counselled about suicide went up to 1728, a rise of almost 40%.
Scotland Tonight discussed the matter in the studio with the head of ChildLine in Scotland, Elaine Chalmers.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Osborne urges Greece's anti-austerity leaders to act 'responsibly'
- Female 'super-prison' plans are scrapped by justice secretary
- SNP, Plaid Cymru and Greens 'invited to join election TV debates'
- STV poll: Quarter of Scots more likely to vote Yes after Smith Commission
- Scotland Tonight: New TV campaign to prevent problem gambling
- Scotland Tonight: Film producers to demand MSPs safeguard industry
- UK government welcomes news that The Sun has dropped Page 3 girls