The number of young people seeking help about self-harm has risen by almost 90%.
ChildLine in Scotland staff counselled 2174 children last year who said they were deliberately harming themselves.
The number of children counselled about suicide went up to 1728, a rise of almost 40%.
Scotland Tonight discussed the matter in the studio with the head of ChildLine in Scotland, Elaine Chalmers.
More About Scotland Tonight
- 11 charts that show what people think about the future of Scotland
- Defence review: Clyde shipyards to build eight frigates for Navy
- Kevin Bridges talks meltdowns, mid-gig selfies and going Dutch
- Scotland Tonight: Best-selling Outlander author Diana Gabaldon
- Scotland Tonight: Are we heading for an antibiotic apocalypse?
- Scotland Tonight: Pressure on Corbyn as Labour divisions exposed
- Support among Scots to remain in EU at strongest level yet, poll finds