The number of young people seeking help about self-harm has risen by almost 90%.
ChildLine in Scotland staff counselled 2174 children last year who said they were deliberately harming themselves.
The number of children counselled about suicide went up to 1728, a rise of almost 40%.
Scotland Tonight discussed the matter in the studio with the head of ChildLine in Scotland, Elaine Chalmers.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Corbyn says Labour will 'learn lessons of the past' in Scotland
- Fiona Hyslop showed 'contempt' over T in the Park funding, claims MSP
- MP Alistair Carmichael to face further trial over Sturgeon memo leak
- Olympic hero Chris Hoy launches mental health sporting initiative
- Police failed to report sighting of missing pensioner later found dead
- Scotland Tonight: Should bridge be recognised as a sport?
- Indycar legend Dario Franchitti promotes motorsport in Scotland