The number of young people seeking help about self-harm has risen by almost 90%.
ChildLine in Scotland staff counselled 2174 children last year who said they were deliberately harming themselves.
The number of children counselled about suicide went up to 1728, a rise of almost 40%.
Scotland Tonight discussed the matter in the studio with the head of ChildLine in Scotland, Elaine Chalmers.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Scotland Tonight: Will Quebec have another shot at independence?
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Scotland Tonight: Celebrated female Labour MP discusses feminism
- Osborne 'not serious' on blocking currency union hears Holyrood
- Cyclist Obree in Commonwealth petition over Uganda's anti-gay laws
- More voters back SNP to rule at Holyrood finds STV poll
- Chancellor's rejection of currency union 'a monumental error'