The number of young people seeking help about self-harm has risen by almost 90%.
ChildLine in Scotland staff counselled 2174 children last year who said they were deliberately harming themselves.
The number of children counselled about suicide went up to 1728, a rise of almost 40%.
Scotland Tonight discussed the matter in the studio with the head of ChildLine in Scotland, Elaine Chalmers.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Scotland Tonight: French Alps Germanwings plane crash disaster
- Scotland Tonight: Cameron and Miliband in first major TV clash
- More powers 'vow' swayed three percent of No voters, finds report
- Last pre-election PMQs: Cameron labels Miliband 'Salmond's poodle'
- Blood inquiry calls for hepatitis C tests for Scots treated before 1991
- Scotland Tonight: Author discusses his family's secret Nazi past
- Scotland Tonight: Is personality politics a recipe for success?