The number of young people seeking help about self-harm has risen by almost 90%.
ChildLine in Scotland staff counselled 2174 children last year who said they were deliberately harming themselves.
The number of children counselled about suicide went up to 1728, a rise of almost 40%.
Scotland Tonight discussed the matter in the studio with the head of ChildLine in Scotland, Elaine Chalmers.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Scotland Tonight: Can Rangers turn its season around off the pitch?
- English MPs able to veto Government bills under Conservative plans
- Scottish Labour leader Jim Murphy vows to rewrite party constitution
- Scotland Tonight: Sports Personality of the Year comes to Glasgow
- Nick Clegg: 'Significant differences' on future of the coalition
- Scotland Tonight: What does it take to be a great political leader?
- Scotland Tonight: Spotlight on Taggart star Alex Norton