The number of young people seeking help about self-harm has risen by almost 90%.
ChildLine in Scotland staff counselled 2174 children last year who said they were deliberately harming themselves.
The number of children counselled about suicide went up to 1728, a rise of almost 40%.
Scotland Tonight discussed the matter in the studio with the head of ChildLine in Scotland, Elaine Chalmers.
More About Scotland Tonight
- STV looks at what will happen if Scotland votes No to independence
- Scotland Tonight: Nicola Sturgeon and Johann Lamont head-to-head
- Alistair Darling quizzed on pledge of more powers after a No vote
- Alex Salmond grilled on cost of corporation tax cuts after Yes vote
- Ed Miliband urges Labour voters to 'show solidarity' and vote No
- Forth Road Bridge celebrates 50th anniversary with festival of events
- Church of Scotland: 'Respectful dialogue' needed in referendum