The number of young people seeking help about self-harm has risen by almost 90%.
ChildLine in Scotland staff counselled 2174 children last year who said they were deliberately harming themselves.
The number of children counselled about suicide went up to 1728, a rise of almost 40%.
Scotland Tonight discussed the matter in the studio with the head of ChildLine in Scotland, Elaine Chalmers.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Liberal Democrats choose former party president Tim Farron as leader
- BBC reforms could see mandatory licence fee replaced by subscription
- USA's legendary voice of golf Bob Bubka previews the 2015 Open
- English votes for English laws: MPs to have equal say on spending
- Strike ballot reforms 'an unnecessary attack on workers' rights'
- Scotland Tonight: Robert Carlyle discusses his directorial debut
- SNP to vote against Tories on fox hunting ban in England and Wales