The number of young people seeking help about self-harm has risen by almost 90%.
ChildLine in Scotland staff counselled 2174 children last year who said they were deliberately harming themselves.
The number of children counselled about suicide went up to 1728, a rise of almost 40%.
Scotland Tonight discussed the matter in the studio with the head of ChildLine in Scotland, Elaine Chalmers.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Sir Jackie Stewart speaks out on his dyslexia and career in racing
- Labour leader candidate launches plan for greater workplace rights
- Murphy: 'Miliband can read about my tax proposals like everyone else'
- C. diff inquiry: Failures led to at least 34 deaths at Vale of Leven
- Newspaper launched 'to fly a vibrant flag for independence'
- Commonwealth gold medal boxer on why he is turning professional
- Alex Salmond resigns as First Minister in statement to Holyrood