The number of young people seeking help about self-harm has risen by almost 90%.
ChildLine in Scotland staff counselled 2174 children last year who said they were deliberately harming themselves.
The number of children counselled about suicide went up to 1728, a rise of almost 40%.
Scotland Tonight discussed the matter in the studio with the head of ChildLine in Scotland, Elaine Chalmers.
More About Scotland Tonight
- MSPs clash on claims about impact of independence on future of NHS
- Fresh call for First Minister to reveal his currency 'plan B'
- Ex-Labour minister and top doctor Sam Galbraith dies aged 68
- One month until Scotland goes to polls for independence referendum
- Charity: Breast cancer deaths fall by a third over past 20 years
- Rory Bremner visits Glasgow youth charity partnered with Ryder Cup
- Scotland Tonight: What role should the UK play in Iraq crisis?