The number of young people seeking help about self-harm has risen by almost 90%.
ChildLine in Scotland staff counselled 2174 children last year who said they were deliberately harming themselves.
The number of children counselled about suicide went up to 1728, a rise of almost 40%.
Scotland Tonight discussed the matter in the studio with the head of ChildLine in Scotland, Elaine Chalmers.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Scotland Tonight: Ireland goes to the polls in gay marriage vote
- 'Premier division status' of Edinburgh festivals at risk, study warns
- Cancer patients at 'immediate risk' in service shake up, doctors warn
- Rochdale prosecutor compares online radicalisation to grooming
- Lib Dems announce roadshow 'to listen to the people of Scotland'
- Scotland Tonight: Spotlight on The Corries' Ronnie Browne
- Scottish charity Mary's Meals working hard to feed schoolchildren