The number of young people seeking help about self-harm has risen by almost 90%.
ChildLine in Scotland staff counselled 2174 children last year who said they were deliberately harming themselves.
The number of children counselled about suicide went up to 1728, a rise of almost 40%.
Scotland Tonight discussed the matter in the studio with the head of ChildLine in Scotland, Elaine Chalmers.
More About Scotland Tonight
- International visitors share their experiences of Glasgow Games
- Scotland Tonight: Pamela Stephenson Connolly's Edinburgh show
- Scotland Tonight: How can we make the most of our sporting success?
- Scotland Tonight: Spotlight on new play The Trial of Jane Fonda
- Scotland Tonight: Should the Games be a politics-free zone?
- Campaign to engage 'missing million' in independence referendum
- Scotland Tonight: Jim Sillars on his vision for independent Scotland