The number of young people seeking help about self-harm has risen by almost 90%.
ChildLine in Scotland staff counselled 2174 children last year who said they were deliberately harming themselves.
The number of children counselled about suicide went up to 1728, a rise of almost 40%.
Scotland Tonight discussed the matter in the studio with the head of ChildLine in Scotland, Elaine Chalmers.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Murphy: Decisions on Scottish Labour will be made in Scotland
- Scotland Tonight: Spotlight on the career of comic actor Tony Roper
- Lothians MSP Sarah Boyack announces bid to lead Scottish Labour
- Brown 'won't enter the race to be the next Scottish Labour leader'
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Photobomb named word of year as dictionary adds 50,000 words
- Scotland Tonight: Author and activist Owen Jones on his new book