The number of young people seeking help about self-harm has risen by almost 90%.
ChildLine in Scotland staff counselled 2174 children last year who said they were deliberately harming themselves.
The number of children counselled about suicide went up to 1728, a rise of almost 40%.
Scotland Tonight discussed the matter in the studio with the head of ChildLine in Scotland, Elaine Chalmers.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Scotland Tonight: Judy Murray discusses grassroots tennis project
- Gordon Brown calls for North Sea reserve fund to aid oil industry
- Scotland Tonight: Outlander joins Amazon Prime as TV habits change
- Scotland Tonight: Nicola Sturgeon on her 100 days as First Minister
- Scotland Tonight: BRIT awards celebrates its 35th year
- Scotland Tonight: Sunday Herald gets print circulation boost
- Scotland Tonight: MPs defeat Labour call for paid directorships ban