Freezing temperatures have seen a spate of crashes on roads across Scotland.
Grampian Police said most routes were passable but warned motorists to take extreme care as heavy snow which fell on Wednesday had thawed and then frozen overnight as temperatures plummeted.
Three people were taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary on Thursday after two separate crashes on the A90 at Portlethen and Balmedie.
Traffic was also heavy on the A82 at the Bridge of Orchy in Argyll and Bute after an accident in hazardous road conditions.
Snow gates remain closed on the A939 at Tomintoul, Cockbridge and between Corgaff and the Lecht ski centre, as well as on the B974 from Banchory to Fettercairn.
In Aberdeenshire Towie School was closed and Ellon Primary was partially closed to pupils. School transport was also not running to a number of schools.
The Met Office has told people to be prepared for potentially treacherous conditions in Strathclyde, Grampian, the Highlands, the Western Isles, Tayside, Central and Fife.
Forecasters have warned there could be significant disruption over the M8 corridor to the east of Glasgow, across Perthshire and over much of inland eastern Scotland.
Your report: If you have information on this or any other story, please let us know. You can send information, pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01382 591016.
Feedback: We want your feedback on our site. If you've got questions, spotted an inaccuracy or just want to share some ideas about our news service, please email us on email@example.com.
More About Weather
- Wet and windy summer may proves to be 'belter' for renewable energy
- Bookmakers say July may be wettest ever but forecasters less certain
- Public events cancelled as high winds and rain sweep Scotland
- Weather warnings as 'unseasonably windy spell' hits Scotland
- Snow and winds up to 80mph set to batter Scotland as warnings issued
- Weather warning issued for snow and ice across all of Scotland
- Woman found unconscious in forest during blizzard by hero search dog
People who read this story also read
- Snow in Scotland: Live coverage and updates from official sources
- Roads and schools still affected by snow and sub zero temperatures
- Driver cut free from wreckage of car after colliding with police vehicle
- Driver treated in hospital after three vehicles collide on A90
- Overnight snow causes roads chaos and school closures in north-east