Freezing temperatures have seen a spate of crashes on roads across Scotland.
Grampian Police said most routes were passable but warned motorists to take extreme care as heavy snow which fell on Wednesday had thawed and then frozen overnight as temperatures plummeted.
Three people were taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary on Thursday after two separate crashes on the A90 at Portlethen and Balmedie.
Traffic was also heavy on the A82 at the Bridge of Orchy in Argyll and Bute after an accident in hazardous road conditions.
Snow gates remain closed on the A939 at Tomintoul, Cockbridge and between Corgaff and the Lecht ski centre, as well as on the B974 from Banchory to Fettercairn.
In Aberdeenshire Towie School was closed and Ellon Primary was partially closed to pupils. School transport was also not running to a number of schools.
The Met Office has told people to be prepared for potentially treacherous conditions in Strathclyde, Grampian, the Highlands, the Western Isles, Tayside, Central and Fife.
Forecasters have warned there could be significant disruption over the M8 corridor to the east of Glasgow, across Perthshire and over much of inland eastern Scotland.
Your report: If you have information on this or any other story, please let us know. You can send information, pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01382 591016.
Feedback: We want your feedback on our site. If you've got questions, spotted an inaccuracy or just want to share some ideas about our news service, please email us on email@example.com.
More About Weather
- Heavy snow and high winds bring 'hazardous' driving conditions
- Cross-border rail services delayed as winter weather batters Britain
- Drivers warned of road chaos as A9 and A82 closed during heavy snow
- Misery for motorists as winter weather causes disruptions on roads
- Heaviest snowfall in 25 years as ski resort hit by wintry weather
- Residents warned to be vigilant as flooding hits coastal areas
- Misery for commuters as heavy rain disrupts road and ferry routes
People who read this story also read
- Snow in Scotland: Live coverage and updates from official sources
- Roads and schools still affected by snow and sub zero temperatures
- Driver treated in hospital after three vehicles collide on A90
- Driver cut free from wreckage of car after colliding with police vehicle
- Overnight snow causes roads chaos and school closures in north-east