Banned from cycling and stripped of the seven Tour De France titles that made him a legend, the reputation of Lance Armstrong is now in shreds.
World Cycling's governing body accepted the US anti-doping agency's report which claimed that he had played a key role in an organised doping ring over several years.
Armstrong has always denied taking banned substances, but has given up fighting the charges.
To discuss where this whole affair leaves Lance Armstrong and the sport of cycling, Scotland Tonight was joined by the former world champion cyclist Graeme Obree.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Photobomb named word of year as dictionary adds 50,000 words
- Scotland Tonight: Author and activist Owen Jones on his new book
- Scotland Tonight: Will Creative Scotland's film strategy pan out?
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Holyrood needs more infrastructure powers, devo commission to hear
- Former FM McConnell calls for Scottish Labour to rediscover values
- Finland to back Scottish Government's minimum alcohol pricing plan