Banned from cycling and stripped of the seven Tour De France titles that made him a legend, the reputation of Lance Armstrong is now in shreds.
World Cycling's governing body accepted the US anti-doping agency's report which claimed that he had played a key role in an organised doping ring over several years.
Armstrong has always denied taking banned substances, but has given up fighting the charges.
To discuss where this whole affair leaves Lance Armstrong and the sport of cycling, Scotland Tonight was joined by the former world champion cyclist Graeme Obree.
More About Scotland Tonight
- North Sea oil revenues plummet as public spending deficit grows
- Hampden Park's renovation into Commonwealth Games venue unveiled
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Death of union leader Bob Crow met with shock from friends and foes
- Iran hired Palestinian group to bomb Lockerbie plane, report claims
- Scotland Tonight: Is enough being done to tackle child poverty?
- Scotland Tonight: Gordon Brown unveils plan for further devolution