Banned from cycling and stripped of the seven Tour De France titles that made him a legend, the reputation of Lance Armstrong is now in shreds.
World Cycling's governing body accepted the US anti-doping agency's report which claimed that he had played a key role in an organised doping ring over several years.
Armstrong has always denied taking banned substances, but has given up fighting the charges.
To discuss where this whole affair leaves Lance Armstrong and the sport of cycling, Scotland Tonight was joined by the former world champion cyclist Graeme Obree.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Scotland Tonight: How can we better care for dementia sufferers?
- Scotland Tonight: Do you think Pope Francis is Person of the Year?
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Scotland Tonight: Clutha responders record single with Jai McDowall
- Scotland Tonight: Was law too lenient on faulty implants boss?
- Scotland Tonight: Is the action plan for human rights working?
- Does STV poll show momentum shifting in favour of independence?