Banned from cycling and stripped of the seven Tour De France titles that made him a legend, the reputation of Lance Armstrong is now in shreds.
World Cycling's governing body accepted the US anti-doping agency's report which claimed that he had played a key role in an organised doping ring over several years.
Armstrong has always denied taking banned substances, but has given up fighting the charges.
To discuss where this whole affair leaves Lance Armstrong and the sport of cycling, Scotland Tonight was joined by the former world champion cyclist Graeme Obree.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Has Yes Scotland done enough to make the case for independence?
- Should the ten First Division clubs break away and form SPL2?
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Can anything be done to save Scotland's endangered species?
- How can we protect ourselves from the threat of terrorist attacks?
- How relevant is sectarianism to life in modern Scotland?
- Should Scotland vote Yes or No for a brighter economic future?