Banned from cycling and stripped of the seven Tour De France titles that made him a legend, the reputation of Lance Armstrong is now in shreds.
World Cycling's governing body accepted the US anti-doping agency's report which claimed that he had played a key role in an organised doping ring over several years.
Armstrong has always denied taking banned substances, but has given up fighting the charges.
To discuss where this whole affair leaves Lance Armstrong and the sport of cycling, Scotland Tonight was joined by the former world champion cyclist Graeme Obree.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Bucket list teenager aiming to raise £2m for cancer before he dies
- David Cameron makes St George's Day plea for Scots to stay in UK
- Manchester United announce departure of manager David Moyes
- Independent Scotland's pension bill would be 'three times oil income'
- Scotland Tonight: Interview with Kelpies sculptor Andy Scott
- Scotland Tonight: The critical referendum battle for Labour votes