A man has died after a fire in a block of flats in Edinburgh.
Crews were called to Powderhall Rigg just before 10am on Wednesday after reports of a fire in one of the flats in the six-storey building.
When they arrived, they found a two-storey flat on the third floor well alight, with smoke billowing out of the building.
The man was pulled out of the fire by firefighters but was pronounced dead at the scene.
Residents from neighbouring flats were evacuated.
The flames were put out just after 11am but crews will remain on the scene to clear up.
A fire investigation team are looking into the cause of the blaze.
View Fatal Edinburgh fire in a larger map
- Baby and two badly injured women in hospital after 'explosive' fire at flat
- Woman dies in 'fierce blaze' at four-storey tenement in Edinburgh
People who read this story also read
- Driver attacks car in road rage incident causing £2000 of damage
- Investigation after two teenage girls commit suicide at homeless unit
- Teenager run over and killed after friends held surprise party for him
- Before and after: Aberdeen's Footdee returns to normal after foam invasion
- Bogus taxi driver raped woman after cruising streets of Edinburgh