A man has been charged by police following a crash in an Aberdeenshire village that left three young men in hospital.
Grampian Police confirmed that a 21-year-old man had been charged following the incident at around midnight on Sunday on Kingsford Road in Alford.
A 21-year-old, who was the front seat passenger in the blue Vauxhall Vectra, suffered head injuries and is in a “serious but stable” condition in hospital.
Two other men, aged 24 and 18, suffered minor injuries and were also conveyed to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.
A fourth man, 21, did not require medical treatment.
The road was closed until 10am on Monday while an investigation into the collision is carried out.
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision or have information regarding it is asked to contact Grampian Police on 0845 600 5 700 or Crimestoppers via 0800 555 111 if wishing to remain anonymous.
People who read this story also read
- Body discovered on Isle of Lewis by police searching for Hungarian student
- Teenager injured after being attacked by two women in street
- Firefighters spend nearly an hour tackling blaze at Aberdeenshire hotel
- Teenager charged after Porsche Cayenne car stolen in Aberdeen
- Man, 25, taken to hospital after being rescued from tenement flre