A secondary school in Rutherglen was evacuated as a precaution on Tuesday afternoon after a chemical spill.
Stonelaw High School alerted the emergency services at 2.20pm and all 1047 pupils were evacuated.
A spokesperson for South Lanarkshire Council said: "Nobody was injured but the fire service attended, which is proper procedure for this type of incident."
Strathclyde Fire and Rescue's spokesperson confirmed that the situation had been contained.
Firefighters and safety advisers will monitor conditions at the school to ensure if is safe for pupils to return.
People who read this story also read
- Rangers appoint finance firm to oversee share issue in October
- UK's biggest lottery winners donate £900,000 towards sports arena
- Former cadet sues police claiming she was made to feel 'like a toddler'
- Off-sales' licence revoked after it was caught selling counterfeit wine
- Stirling Albion official stands down over Rangers 'huns' slur