A toy sparked a major police operation over fears it might have been human remains.
The alien baby toy was discovered in a street in South Lanarkshire on Tuesday morning.
Strathclyde Police cordoned off part of Larkhall’s West Clyde Street at around 8.30am.
By Tuesday afternoon investigations had established that the item found was not human remains but a child’s toy, the police confirmed.
Speculation on social media sites Facebook and Twitter had been that the discovery was that of human remains.
The police presence in the area has been stood down after forensic officers had cordoned off an area near a house and examined the find.
More About Strange Scotland
- Cast of notorious William Burke's brain among curiosities on display
- Greyfriars Bobby gets nose job to restore colour rubbed away 'for luck'
- Antibodies found in shark blood could help tackle breast cancer
- Four candles thief evokes classic sketch in court appearance
- Strange Scotland: Some of this week's more unusual stories
- Shetland bookie shop worker thought raid was Up Helly Aa stunt
- Seaweed forces closure of reactors at Torness nuclear power station
People who read this story also read
- Eight people injured after minibus leaves M8 and crashes into trees
- Drug-addicted doctor injected wife with heroin 'to see how it felt'
- Killer stabbed man after being caught having sex on kitchen worktop
- Balaclava-clad murderer who killed man at party caught by distinctive jeans
- Two-year-old girl attacked and dragged to ground by pitbull in park