From his early years, Andy Murray had all the makings of a future star and has finally realised his potential by winning a grand slam final.
Our video showcases his rise to the top, from his formative years learning his trade, through to his success in the Junior US Open in 2004. Murray's Open win followed his gold medal in the men's singles at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
Murray's victory ended a run of four losses in Grand Slam finals, mirroring the run his coach Ivan Lendl endured before going on to win eight.
More About Andy Murray
- Autograph hunters mistaken for gunmen after approaching Andy Murray
- Andy Murray withdraws from ATP World Tour Finals following back operation
- Andy Murray unlikely to play again this season after back surgery
- Andy Murray helps Great Britain return to elite Davis Cup World Group
- Andy Murray to face 16-year-old US Open junior champion in Davis Cup
- Murray hints emotional impact of Wimbledon win played part in US Open loss
- Murray in shock US Open exit as Wawrinka wins in straight sets
- As it happened: Andy Murray wins the US Open final against Novak Djokovic
- Scotland Tonight: What does Andy Murray need to do to win a Grand Slam?
People who read this story also read
- Scotland's pride: How the country reacted to Andy Murray's US Open win
- SPL commission begins hearing into Rangers' use of EBTs to pay players
- Eight people injured after minibus leaves M8 and crashes into trees
- Murray mania: How the famous reacted to Andy Murray's victory on Twitter
- Inspired by Andy Murray? How about a haircut or a baked potato?