From his early years, Andy Murray had all the makings of a future star and has finally realised his potential by winning a grand slam final.
Our video showcases his rise to the top, from his formative years learning his trade, through to his success in the Junior US Open in 2004. Murray's Open win followed his gold medal in the men's singles at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
Murray's victory ended a run of four losses in Grand Slam finals, mirroring the run his coach Ivan Lendl endured before going on to win eight.
More About Andy Murray
- Andy Murray to make decision on French Open participation later this week
- Andy Murray set to miss French Open after suffering lower back injury
- Andy Murray thrashed by Stanislas Wawrinka in Monte Carlo Masters
- Andy Murray ready for clay court test against Stanislas Wawrinka
- Andy Murray sets his sights on toppling Novak Djokovic after rankings rise
- Novak Djokovic v Andy Murray: Australian Open final as it happened
- Andy Murray beats Joao Sousa to reach Australian Open third round
- As it happened: Andy Murray wins the US Open final against Novak Djokovic
- Scotland Tonight: What does Andy Murray need to do to win a Grand Slam?
People who read this story also read
- Scotland's pride: How the country reacted to Andy Murray's US Open win
- SPL commission begins hearing into Rangers' use of EBTs to pay players
- Eight people injured after minibus leaves M8 and crashes into trees
- Murray mania: How the famous reacted to Andy Murray's victory on Twitter
- Inspired by Andy Murray? How about a haircut or a baked potato?