Convicted serial killer Peter Tobin has been taken to hospital in Edinburgh after suffering a suspected heart attack.
The 65-year-old, who is serving three life sentences in the city's Saughton Prison for killing Vicky Hamilton, Dinah McNichol and Angelika Kluk, was taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary.
The Scottish Prison Service confirmed an inmate from the prison was taken to hospital on Thursday afternoon.
Tobin was convicted of murdering 23-year-old Ms Kluk, a Polish student, at a church in Glasgow in 2006.
The bodies of 18-year-old Ms McNichol and 15-year-old Ms Hamilton were discovered in the garden of Tobin's former home in Margate, Kent in 2007.
A police operation set up to investigate any possible links between Tobin and unsolved murders across Britain was scaled down last year.
People who read this story also read
- 700-year-old letter belonging to William Wallace to go on display
- Family of vulnerable missing man 'extremely worried' for his safety
- Teenage sex attacker sought after assaulting two women in ten hours
- Celtic plan to demolish primary school and build club museum at Parkhead
- Shopkeeper murder: Hunt continues for killer two months after store attack