A cyclist has been killed following a collision with a vehicle in Peebles.
The accident happened on the A703 road approximately 100 yards north of Peebles at 4.20pm on Monday.
An air ambulance was scrambled and landed on the road at the accident scene between the entrance to Crossburn Caravan Park and Langisde Farm but shortly afterwards the victim, who was wearing cycling racing clothing, was pronounced dead.
A spokesman for Lothian and Borders Police said it was too early to give any details about the incident or the victim but confirmed there had been a fatality and appealed for any witnesses to the collision to come forward.
The A703 road was closed for several hours while a full accident investigation took place and local diversions were put in operation.
People who read this story also read
- Man dies after falling overboard from ferry into the North Sea
- Man appears in court charged with raping woman in church graveyard
- Motorcyclist airlifted to hospital after collision with lorry
- Two men rescued after flash flood topples JCB in Kilmarnock
- Sir David Murray denies cheating while Rangers owner