A woman has been raped in a graveyard in Edinburgh city centre.
The 45-year-old was attacked in the grounds of St Cuthbert’s Church on Lothian Road between 11pm on Saturday and 12.30am on Sunday.
A 43-year-old man has been charged in connection with the assault and is due to appear at Edinburgh Sheriff Court on Monday.
Police are still appealing for witnesses to the attack, which happened close to a busy road.
A spokesman said: "The graveyard is located close to Lothian Road, and we are appealing to anyone who was in the area at the time, who noticed the victim and the suspect there, or saw or heard anything suspicious, to contact police immediately."
Anyone with any information should contact Lothian and Borders Police on 0131 311 3131 or through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
People who read this story also read
- Dog walker found collapsed in park dies in hospital two days later
- Elderly cyclist found unconscious at roadside with fractured skull
- Police believe 'dishevelled and distressed' woman might have been assaulted
- Move to liquidate Craig Whyte's Rangers 'oldco' parent company suspended
- Driver cut free from vehicle after three-car crash on coastal road