A wanted London man accused of a kidnap and blackmail plot was detained by Scottish police.
The 29-year-old was wanted by London’s Metropolitan Police’s kidnap unit in connection with an alleged breach of his bail conditions.
He was detained by Strathclyde Police officers near the A8011 Wilderness Brae in the village area of Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire, on Friday.
Police confirmed the man, from West Norwood in Lambeth, is still being held in Scotland and is expected to be taken back to England over the weekend.
A spokeswoman for Strathclyde Police said the suspect had been initially released on police bail on June 6, having been arrested on March 28.
She added: "He was arrested originally in connection with a series of offences, including kidnap, false imprisonment, blackmail, aggravated burglary, possession of a firearm and actual bodily harm."
People who read this story also read
- Motorist dies in head-on smash after car careered over central reservation
- Firearms police officers cordon off city street over 'armed man'
- Sister told 999 operator: 'I just stabbed my wee brother in the heart'
- Three men killed in Cumbernauld dual carriageway crash named
- Victim's face 'blow-torched' in two-day torture ordeal over debt