Counselling service ChildLine is encouraging school pupils who are anxious about their exam results to contact them.
On Tuesday, teenagers across Scotland will receive their results from the Scottish Qualification Authority.
The charity has offered advice to any of the pupils who are anxious in the run-up to the day when Standard Grade, Intermediate 1, Intermediate 2, Higher and Advanced Higher results are revealed.
Elaine Chalmers, head of ChildLine in Scotland, said: "Lots of people in Scotland are enjoying the holidays or the feats of our Olympic athletes, but many young peoples' minds will be on their upcoming exam results.
"We hear from lots of young people each year who are anxious, worried or panicking about their results. We want to let them know that they are not alone and that ChildLine is here to listen to them."
If you are worried about your exam results and want to speak to a counsellor call 0800 1111.
On Tuesday, STV will be hosing a live question and answer webchat between 11am and 1pm for pupils who have just received their results. The event will include representatives from Skills Development Scotland, universities and apprenticeship organisations. Full details will be on local.stv.tv on Tuesday.
More About Exam results 2012
- John Ogilvie pupils celebrate increase in A grade exam results
- Double delight as Fernhill twins achieve ten A-grade Highers
- Stellar results for South Lanarkshire pupils as qualifications are awarded
- North Lanarkshire schools record ten-year high for exam results
- Results success for Lanarkshire school pupils
- Scots pupils congratulated on Higher pass rate increase in exam results
- Exams helpline gears up for results day with visit from Education Secretary
People who read this story also read
- University blunder allows pupils to access exam results a week early
- 30,000 pupils receive exams results a day early from SQA by mistake
- Guesthouse owner sues travel website Tripadvisor over negative review
- Motorist dies in head-on smash after car careered over central reservation
- Sister told 999 operator: 'I just stabbed my wee brother in the heart'