Firearms police closed off a Glasgow street after receiving reports that of an armed man.
Strathclyde Police received initial reports of the incident in Govan at around 1.05pm on Thursday.
Members of the public had reported that a man was in the area of Harmony Row armed with a weapon, which was not a firearm.
In response, police closed the street and several surrounding ones for over an hour as they dealt with the incident.
A spokeswoman confirmed a 42-year-old man had been detained in relation to the incident.
People who read this story also read
- Three men killed in Cumbernauld dual carriageway crash named
- Gas leak forces evacuation of Tesco supermarket and GP surgery
- Music teacher lied about killing pedestrian to avoid going to work
- Man was 'murdered in frenzied knife attack by masked gang' on Bonfire Night
- Two to stand trial accused of shooting man in face in village street