Two men are to stand trial accused of shooting a man in the face in a village street.
James McCarron, 33, and Francis Coates, 35, are charged with assaulting John Finnegan in Bank Street in Neilston, East Renfrewshire, on October 27 last year.
It is alleged that, acting with someone not known to the prosecutor, they fired a revolver or similar gun at his head, shot him in the face and murdered him.
The pair are also charged with two gun offences, while Coates is accused of three charges relating to the supply of drugs.
The pair deny all charges against them.
Lord Bracadale set a trial date for November 19 when the pair appeared at Glasgow High Court on Thursday.
People who read this story also read
- Teenage footballer jailed after breaking rival's nose during a game
- Man was 'murdered in frenzied knife attack by masked gang' on Bonfire Night
- Firearms police officers cordon off city street over 'armed man'
- Three men killed in Cumbernauld dual carriageway crash named
- Music teacher lied about killing pedestrian to avoid going to work