While some politicians are making the most of their summer holidays, one Scottish MP is refusing to miss out on a "once in a lifetime" opportunity to be involved in the Olympic games.
Tom Greatrex is the only serving politician to become a gamesmaker - that is, one of the 70,000 volunteers who have committed their time and effort to making the London Olympic games happen.
The Rutherglen and Hamilton West MP explained on Scotland Tonight why he decided to swap a relaxing summer recess for a hectic Olympic schedule.
He said: "It's a chance to be involved in the Olympic games and that's what thousands of people have done.
"You'll see when your watching it, the people in the purple shirts are all involved doing some of the jobs behind the scenes making the games happen.
"I just wanted the chance to do it because I don't think it will happen in my lifetime again in the UK, so it was a great chance to get involved in the Olympics."
More About Scotland Tonight
- Are people with learning disabilities still bullied in Scotland?
- Would free contraception for 13-year-olds bring down pregnancy rate?
- Greg Hemphill and Robert Florence prepare for wrestling bout
- Is the G8 a talking shop for world leaders or capable of change?
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Moors Murderer Ian Brady 'suffers from paranoid schizophrenia'
- What does the future hold for Hearts as administration looms large?