An elderly woman has died after her car careered into a lamppost and a wall.
The 79-year-old was driving on Dunure Street in Bonnybridge on Thursday when the collision happened.
At around 9pm, the woman’s blue Suzuki Ignis hit a lamppost and a wall on the junction with Dunure Crescent.
The driver, who has not yet been named, was taken to Forth Valley Royal Hospital where she later died.
The road was closed until 1.10am on Friday to allow police officers to conduct their enquiries.
A force spokesperson said: “Anyone who witnessed the collision and has not spoken to the police is asked to contact Central Scotland Police Road Policing Unit, Police Headquarters, Stirling on 01786 456000.”
People who read this story also read
- Young woman cut free from vehicle after car skids and crashes into bus
- Police officer 'drove into seven-year-old girl with marked car'
- Woman accused of picking up four-year-old and throwing her at man
- Village post office manager swindled more than £2500 from safe
- Jobcentres tell graduates to hide degrees if they want 'survival jobs'