The family of an elderly man who has been reported missing are "increasingly worried for his safety".
Campbell Coole, from Glasgow, was last seen on Tuesday afternoon at a doctor’s appointment with his daughter.
She became concerned for the 72-year-old when she was unable to contact him the following day and reported him missing early on Thursday.
Strathclyde Police believe Mr Coole may be in his silver Vauxhall Corsa car, which bears the registration SH09 XGR. It was clocked on a roadside camera on the A90 in Fife travelling north at around 4.40pm on Wednesday.
Inspector Gillian Docherty from West End Police Office said: "We are making extensive inquiries to trace Mr Coole and I would ask anyone who has seen someone matching this description to get in touch as soon as possible as his family is now becoming increasingly worried about him.
"We are not sure why he would be travelling north on the A9 and would also ask if anyone has seen his silver Corsa to get in touch."
Mr Coole is described as around 6ft with a slim build, short grey hair, goatee beard and wears glasses. When he was last seen he was wearing dark blue trousers and a short sleeve shirt or polo shirt.
Anyone with information should contact West End Police Office on 0141 532 3500.
People who read this story also read
- Hospital inspectors saw nurse leaving elderly patient to eat soup with fork
- Glasgow-based murder thriller named best crime novel of the year
- Infirmary ward shut due to suspected norovirus winter vomiting outbreak
- Former soldier brandished fake rifle outside Celtic training ground
- New leaflet campaign to provide specialist healthcare advice for veterans