A 33-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder following a disturbance in Brechin, Angus which left a man seriously injured.
A 40-year-old man was taken to Ninewells Hospital following the disturbance at around 12.30am on Monday at the junction of Montrose Street and Scott Street in the town.
The man remains in a serious condition in the hospital. He was understood to have suffered stab wounds.
Two other men, aged 31 and 40, have also been charged with breach of the peace.
A spokeswoman for Tayside Police said a report on the matter was being submitted to the procurator fiscal.
People who read this story also read
- Teenage girl reported missing from north-east traced 'safe and well'
- Drug dealer rapist subjected victim to 'violent and persistent' attack
- Schoolgirl takes first steps just days after life-changing operation
- Man accused of attempting to murder newborn baby looked 'really worried'
- Hit-and-run driver made off after smashing into car at roundabout