A piece of Aberdeen’s history has gone on the market for only £5000.
The Torry Coo, a former foghorn and store building, on Greyhope Road is being sold by the Northern Lighthouse Board.
DTZ are carrying out the sale of the Category A listed historic structure, which is adjacent to the Robert Stevenson engineered Girdleness Lighthouse.
The sale includes the site area, which is approximately 50m².
The horn was completed in 1902 replacing an earlier foghorn located to the east of the current structure. Although the horn has not sounded since the 1980s, the structure maintains a special place in the hearts of Aberdonians, particularly those from the Torry area.
The foghorn received its name as its low sonorous tones resembled a bovine braying.
The closing date for offers is September 14, 2012.
Read more about the history of the Torry Coo in this article by Hidden Aberdeen columnist Fiona Jane Brown.