A walker has been airlifted to hospital after falling on rocks at a coastal beauty spot.
The man got into difficulty shortly before 1pm on Friday at the East Sands in St Andrews, Fife.
St Andrews Coastguard went to help the man, who is in his late 40s, but a rescue helicopter from RAF Boulmer was called to assist.
The man was taken to Ninewells Hospital in Dundee.
It was understood he had suffered a broken leg.
People who read this story also read
- Man detained after woman dies in fall from multi-storey building
- Drug dealer stabbed man through the heart then fled on his bike
- Plans to transform fire-hit factory win council planners backing
- Three charged with murder of woman found dead in Aberdeen flat
- Employees at Aberdeen's Remploy factory could be offered a reprieve