A man has been detained after a woman fell from the fifth floor of a multi-storey in Dundee.
Tayside Police were called to Elders Court in the Lochee area just before 9pm on Thursday.
Paramedics went to the flats but were unable to save Jennifer Findlay, 46, of Elders Court, and she was pronounced dead at the scene.
A police spokeswoman said a 44-year-old man has been detained and is assisting officers with their investigation.
She added that enquiries were continuing and the death was being treated as unexplained.
She said: "Door to door enquiries are ongoing, as is a review of public and private CCTV. There will also be a full forensic examination of the address from which the deceased fell.
"Enquiries are at an early stage and officers would appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident and who has not already spoken with the police to contact them on 0300 111 2222 or speak to any officer."
People who read this story also read
- Drug dealer stabbed man through the heart then fled on his bike
- Taxi driver sexually assaulted teenage passenger as he drove her home
- Scots businessman dies in fall from hotel balcony at Turkish holiday resort
- Investigation launched after report of alleged indecency in Tesco car park
- Family of woman found dead in flat say death has left 'huge void'