A Scots businessman has died after falling from a hotel balcony in Turkey.
Neil McIntyre, 61, from Perth, died after falling at a hotel at the beach resort of Altinkum.
Mr McIntyre was a well-known member of the family which ran McIntyre the bakers in Brigend before it merged with another business.
He had been living and working with his wife Drita in Altinkum, where the couple ran a takeaway.
It is understood that Mr McIntyre died on July 2 or July 3. How he came to fall has not yet been confirmed although it is understood there are no suspicious circumstances.
A spokeswoman for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office said: "We can confirm that we are aware of the death of a British national in Turkey.
"Our consular staff have been in touch with his next of kin in Turkey to offer assistance."
Perthshire Chamber of Commerce chief executive Vicki Unite said: "This is a tragic event and our thoughts are with his family and friends in such sad circumstances.
"Mr McIntyre was a popular member of the Perthshire business community for many years and he will be sorely missed."
People who read this story also read
- Police warn derby day football fans that they must have tickets
- Man detained after woman dies in fall from multi-storey building
- Delivery lorry bursts into flames on A9 closing part of the road
- Drug dealer stabbed man through the heart then fled on his bike
- Investigation launched after report of alleged indecency in Tesco car park