A town in Aberdeenshire has been forced to cancel its talent show auditions after receiving only one entrant.
Kian Stephen, eight, is the only person to enter Bervie's Got Talent with the first round of auditions on Friday.
But despite demand for tickets the auditions, which were to be held at Inverbervie's Burgh Hall, have had to be cancelled as Kian due to lack of interest.
Kian, from Inverbervie, had hoped to dance to Rizzle Kicks and had used his pocket money to buy a CD to practise.
Organisers Bervie Play Parks are now hoping to drum up more support for a second set of auditions to be held on July 27.
His mother Katrina Stephen, 44, said: "There's plenty of talent here and I don't know why Kian's the only one entered. It's such a shame.
"It's all for fun and there's loads of talent around, dancers, singers musicians.
"Kian has been practising at home ever since he heard about it. He was gutted to hear these auditions were cancelled because we're going on holiday when the next audition is on. He just loves to dance and he's really disappointed."
People who read this story also read
- Rare one-in-a-million white sparrow is captured on camera in Scotland
- Death of woman in flat in Aberdeen being treated as unexplained
- Firefighters are called to tackle blaze in basement of city pub
- £23m school proposed in city to accommodate expanding population
- Police search for thieves who destroyed £2000 quad bike