A man who has gone missing from his home in England could be in the Blantyre area of Scotland.
John McCann was last seen by his wife at their home in Great Harwood, Blackburn on Friday evening.
Lancashire Constabulary said the 47-year-old's disappearance was "out of character".
Mr McCann is white, 5ft 8in in height, of slim build, and with short grey hair. He has a distinctive small brown mark near his right eye and a tattoo on his upper arm which reads: "Mum and Dad".
He is known to have family connections in the Blantyre area of Lanarkshire.
PC Vicky Wilson said: "It is out of character for John not to be in contact with his wife and family and we would appeal to anybody that knows of John's whereabouts or for John himself to contact police or his family and let us know he is safe."
Anyone with information should contact Strathclyde Police on 0141 532 2000.
People who read this story also read
- Two in court charged with murdering Scots teenager on family holiday
- Former Hibs youth player faces jail over Lothian's biggest-ever heroin haul
- Scot appears in Bulgarian court after murdering 11-year-old boy
- Man in court charged with murdering 32-year-old woman found dead in house
- Heavy rain and flooding warning in east as wet weather continues