Andy Murray reached his first Wimbledon final on Sunday.
But the 25-year-old Scot failed to clinch the title in a nail-biting match against Roger Federer.
The Herald's chief sportswriter Hugh MacDonald and motivational coach Watt Nicoll joined John MacKay on Scotland Tonight on Monday to discuss what more Andy Murray needs to do to win a Grand Slam.
Hugh MacDonald said: "I think there has been a gradual improvement. That’s the best tournament I have seen him play.”
Watt Nicoll added: "Nobody could accuse him for not wanting to win.
"The difference is that Federer expected to win."
More About Scotland Tonight
- Can anything be done to save Scotland's endangered species?
- How can we protect ourselves from the threat of terrorist attacks?
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Should Scotland vote Yes or No for a brighter economic future?
- How relevant is sectarianism to life in modern Scotland?
- How will Kirk's decision to allow gay ministers affect the church?
- What would impact of independence be for pensions and savings?