Andy Murray reached his first Wimbledon final on Sunday.
But the 25-year-old Scot failed to clinch the title in a nail-biting match against Roger Federer.
The Herald's chief sportswriter Hugh MacDonald and motivational coach Watt Nicoll joined John MacKay on Scotland Tonight on Monday to discuss what more Andy Murray needs to do to win a Grand Slam.
Hugh MacDonald said: "I think there has been a gradual improvement. That’s the best tournament I have seen him play.”
Watt Nicoll added: "Nobody could accuse him for not wanting to win.
"The difference is that Federer expected to win."
More About Scotland Tonight
- Scotland Tonight: Is the Better Together leadership effective?
- Scotland Tonight: Should Grangemouth embrace a future of shale gas?
- Scotland Tonight: Is UKIP north of the border at war with itself?
- Scotland Tonight: How does our education system compare globally?
- Scotland Tonight: A reflection on the The Clutha helicopter crash
- STV shows interactive Google+ hangout debate on Scottish independence
- Watch STV's interactive Google+ hangout debate on Scottish independence