A 55-year-old hillwalker has died from a medical condition close to the summit of Meall Nan Peitherin.
Police said the man, who was from Dundee, died at the scene just south of Ullapool around noon on Monday.
Officers had been alerted to the incident by a walking group, prompting a search operation involving Dundonnell Mountain Rescue.
Members of the team located the group, however the walker was found to have died from an apparent medical condition.
A report was submitted to the procurator fiscal while the man's body was transported to Raigmore Hospital in Inverness.
Northern Constabulary said they do not believe there to have been any suspicious circumstances around the man's death.
People who read this story also read
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in crash after bike careers off road
- Warning against eating shellfish due to rise in levels of natural toxin
- Baby rescued after landslide cuts off party of tourists on island
- Woman, 26, appears in court accused of murdering 33-year-old man
- Man arrested after body of 32-year-old woman discovered in house