Two men appeared in court accused of murdering a Scots teenager who was visiting his family in England.
Craig Hepburn died after suffering stab wounds in the incident in Yorkshire shortly after midnight on Saturday.
The 19-year-old, from Linwood in Renfrewshire, and his friend Conor Paton, 18, were targeted as they returned from a night out in Marsden, near Huddersfield.
Mr Paton is recovering in hospital after suffering stab injuries in the alleged attack.
Anthony Driver, 36, from Manchester, and 21-year-old Luke Elliott, from Huddersfield, appeared before Huddersfield Magistrates Court on Monday charged with murdering Mr Hepburn and attempting to kill Mr Paton.
No application for bail was made and both were remanded in custody to appear at Leeds Crown Court on July 11.
Mr Hepburn, a piper with the Milngavie Pipe Band, had been performing at The Wine Bar in the village in the evening before the attack.
People who read this story also read
- Bungling thieves continued to rob clothes shop after police arrived
- Two men seriously assaulted in 'targeted attack' in Glasgow
- Man arrested after body of 32-year-old woman discovered in house
- Rangers supporters group calls for newco club to start in Division Three
- 36 Orange walk arrests made during Battle of the Boyne processions