The body of a woman found dead at a property in Glasgow on Friday has been named as 27-year-old Catrina Rae.
Police officers were called at 9.50pm to Leadburn Road, Barmulloch, where they found Ms Rae. She had sustained serious injuries and was declared dead at the scene.
The death is being treated a suspicious and a post-mortem examination is due to be carried out.
Detective Inspector David Mackie said: "Our enquiries are at an early stage and we are trying to establish the exact circumstances surrounding the death.
"Forensic officers are ongoing at the scene and detectives will continue to carry out door-to-door enquiries.
"I am appealing to people living in the local area, who may have unwittingly seen or heard something, which could assist us in our investigation to get in touch. Any small piece of information could prove significant."
Anyone with any information should call Baird Street police station on 0141 532 4116 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
People who read this story also read
- 36 Orange walk arrests made during Battle of the Boyne processions
- Two men seriously assaulted in 'targeted attack' in Glasgow
- Hospital nurse 'left incontinent patient in soiled bedclothes'
- Two men arrested after Scottish teenager dies in West Yorkshire
- A77 road junction remains closed for a second day due to flooding