The death of a woman whose body was found in a property in the Barmulloch area of Glasgow on Friday night is being treated as suspicious.
Police officers were called at 9.50pm to Leadburn Road, where they found the woman's body. She had sustained serious injuries and was declared dead at the scene.
Detective Inspector David Mackie said: "Our enquiries are at an early stage and we are trying to establish the exact circumstances surrounding the death.
"Forensic officers are ongoing at the scene and detectives will continue to carry out door-to-door enquiries.
"I am appealing to people living in the local area, who may have unwittingly seen or heard something, which could assist us in our investigation to get in touch. Any small piece of information could prove significant."
Officers will be gathering CCTV and reviewing the images in an effort to find out more about the incident and a post mortem examination is due to be carried out.
Anyone with any information should call Baird Street police station on 0141 532 4116 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
People who read this story also read
- Second arrest after death of 48-year-old man found in close
- Tourist dies after falling 50ft from cliff on Isle of Staffa
- Heavy flooding hits central Scotland as downpours continue
- Warning over sectarian behaviour ahead of largest annual Orange walk
- Woman 'cried out in pain' when allegedly assaulted by police officer