A pastry chef has lost nearly eight stone by becoming a bodybuilder.
Roberto Caira once weighed 18 and a half stone, but through a strict diet and exercise plan has shed the weight.
He now eats ten protein-rich meals a day and he says he has never felt healthier. As a teenager he piled on the weight eating large plates of pasta washed down with fizzy drinks.
Now he spends his time training for bodybuilding competitions.
The 21-year-old, who works at his family's Italian restaurant in Broughty Ferry, said: “One day I snapped and realised I didn’t want to be this heavy any more, I had to lose the weight.”
He now eats only healthy food like turkey, broccoli, nuts and egg whites.
He added: “People I know walk past me in the street because I look so different, my uncle didn’t know who I was when he visited from Italy.”
More About Strange Scotland
- Cast of notorious William Burke's brain among curiosities on display
- Greyfriars Bobby gets nose job to restore colour rubbed away 'for luck'
- Antibodies found in shark blood could help tackle breast cancer
- Four candles thief evokes classic sketch in court appearance
- Strange Scotland: Some of this week's more unusual stories
- Shetland bookie shop worker thought raid was Up Helly Aa stunt
- Seaweed forces closure of reactors at Torness nuclear power station
People who read this story also read
- Man stabbed friend to death over ‘that’s not what yer ma said’ joke
- Sex offender caught after girlfriend told police about child abuse images
- Drug dealer had sex with vulnerable 15-year-old he picked up on street
- Boy who was found unconscious at bottom of pool recovering at home
- Community turbine generating around £90,000 a year for remote island