The Edinburgh city bypass was partially closed on Tuesday evening after an accident at the A772 Gilmerton Road junction.
One lane had to be closed in each direction shortly after 5pm due to an accident involving a car and a lorry.
There were reports of very slow traffic and congestion from the Miller junction heading westbound. Heading east, traffic was congested back to the Straition junction.
A Traffic Scotland spokesman said: "Motorists are advised to use an alternative route and should allow extra time for their journey."
It was not known how long the lane restrictions would remain in place.
People who read this story also read
- Two-vehicle crash at Edinburgh's city bypass causes long tailbacks
- Man who died in hospital after fire in East Lothian flat is named
- Rescue operation after two RAF Tornado jets crash in Moray Firth
- Eight-week-old bearded dragon found inside box on Edinburgh street
- Third person dies in Edinburgh in Legionnaires' outbreak