Ferry sailings between Stornoway and Ullapool have been cancelled on Tuesday due to technical problems.
The fault was discovered on Monday on the 5.35pm sailing from Ullapool to Stornoway and was cancelled thereafter.
A spokesman for the port in Stornoway said due to the repair work required it was unlikely that sailings would resume on Tuesday.
He said: "Engineers have been working constantly to try to repair the problem and spare parts have been ordered. Work will carry on throughout the day. We apologise for any inconvenience caused."
An additional service has been put on at 8pm on Tuesday from Tarbert (Harris) to Uig (Skye) returning from Uig at 10pm.
The Oban - Castlebay - Lochboisdale ferry is also subject to disruption due the closure of Connel Bridge closed between 10pm and 6am until Thursday. Passengers are advised to allow extra travelling time to/from Oban.
People who read this story also read
- Elderly care home resident died after bed sores rotted flesh to the bone
- Free Church of Scotland bears witness on social media with Facebook advert
- Sleeper services cancelled as freight train derails in Highlands
- Rail passengers continue to face disruption after flooding and landslides
- Sunday sailings introduced to Isle of Harris despite protests