A man has died after being hit by a lorry on a busy city bypass.
The man, who police said was in his 30s, was fatally injured on the Edinburgh city bypass around 11.40pm on Friday.
He was taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary for treatment, but died a short time after.
The driver of the lorry was uninjured.
Police said the incident occurred around half a mile east of the Sheriffhall roundabout.
Anyone who witnessed the collision or saw the man prior to the incident is asked to contact Lothian and Borders Police on 0131 311 3131.
People who read this story also read
- Rangers cancel direct debit ticket payments 'to give reassurance to fans'
- Buses return to Princes Street after ten months of tram works
- Male teacher claims sex discrimination after losing job to young woman
- Hundreds take to capital's streets in same-sex marriage march
- Flies from rotting pigeon carcass close hospital's operating theatres