A man has appeared in court charged in connection with a robbery at a NatWest branch in Edinburgh.
Maxwell Taylor, 29, is accused of assault and robbery at the George Street branch on Wednesday.
The bank was cordoned off after the alleged incident at about 3.50pm.
Taylor, from Edinburgh, made no plea or declaration when he appeared at the city's sheriff court on Friday.
He was remanded in custody and the case was continued for further examination.
Taylor is expected to appear in court again next week.
People who read this story also read
- 'Bike lane' between Edinburgh tram tracks is not a bike lane, says council
- Meeting prostitute through online dating led to lecturer's murder
- Male teacher claims sex discrimination after losing job to young woman
- Giant wind turbine brings traffic on main Argyll route to a standstill
- Man in court for alleged bottle attack on nine-year-old girl