A man has appeared in court charged with assaulting a nine-year-old girl as she walked home from a supermarket.
Martin Hackett, 26, is accused of scarring the youngster in the alleged attack near the Asda store in Govan, Glasgow.
Hackett made no plea or declaration to a charge of assault to severe injury, permanent disfigurement and the danger of life.
The alleged incident happened at about 6pm last Friday, June 22.
Police and paramedics were called out to the scene and the girl was taken to Yorkhill Hospital for treatment to her injuries.
Sheriff John McCormack remanded Hackett in custody pending further examination.
People who read this story also read
- Murder hunt begins after shopkeeper dies from stabbing injuries
- 'Bike lane' between Edinburgh tram tracks is not a bike lane, says council
- Nine-year-old girl may be scarred for life after bottle attack in street
- Two in court charged with murdering teenager in street knife attack
- Man in court charged with assault and robbery at NatWest bank