A new art exhibition, featuring limited edition pieces of furniture worth thousands of pounds, has gone on display in Aberdeen.
The work by young, emerging Scottish designers is the latest craze taking the art world by storm.
The month-long exhibition held in Aberdeen’s Smart Gallery called ‘Forms of Curiosity’ features five contemporary furniture makers and a sculptor from Scotland.
Sally Reaper of the Smart Gallery said: “This is our third show at the gallery and I think it is really important for us to put on an exhibition that is quite different for Aberdeen.
“The importance of the show is about giving voice to Scottish craft, putting it in a gallery context and presenting it in an unconventional way.
“The pieces are so bespoke in design and as they are so individually handcrafted they really are one-off pieces. It is a great chance for the public to see these types of furnitures which they may not have encountered before.”
The exhibition ends on July 29.
People who read this story also read
- Business case on controversial City Garden Project published
- Thousands stranded as flooding and landslides bring train lines to a halt
- Postal worker flees street after attacks by dive-bombing seagulls
- Nun 'force-fed boy Marmite and physically abused him' in care home
- Cyclist taken to hospital with head injuries after crash with 4x4