A total of 20 drain covers worth £8000 have been stolen in Midlothian in just two days.
The cast-iron roadside covers were taken from six roads. Nine were taken from the Wisp, six from Craighall Road, Millerhill, three from Myrtle Crescent, Bilston, one from Pentland Road in Loanhead and another from Millerhill Road in Millerhill.
The thieves struck between the early hours of Thursday June 21 and Friday afternoon.
Lothian and Borders Police are appealing for information about the thefts.
A spokesman force said: "Anyone who was in any of the areas concerned last Thursday and Friday, who noticed any suspicious roadside activity, should contact police.
"Likewise, any dealers who have been offered the drain covers for sale, or anyone with any other information that can assist our enquiries, should also get in touch."
Anyone with any information should contact Lothian and Borders Police on 0131 311 3131 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
People who read this story also read
- Man who stabbed lecturer 114 times gives 'condolences' to victim's family
- 'Bike lane' between Edinburgh tram tracks is not a bike lane, says council
- Welder left disabled by accident sues former employers for £3m
- 'I needed to go into care. I needed to be taken out of that situation'
- Male teacher claims sex discrimination after losing job to young woman