Two men have appeared in court charged with murdering a teenager in a knife attack.
Jack Doyle was found dead in Greenock’s Antigua Street on January 3. He is the nephew of Elaine Doyle, who was murdered in the town in 1986 in a case that remains unsolved.
Kevin McIntyre, 27, and Steven McIntyre, 19, appeared at the High Court in Glasgow on Friday charged with murdering Mr Doyle.
The pair are accused of repeatedly striking the 17-year-old with knives on the head and body.
Kevin McIntyre also faces a separate charge of assault and both are accused of having a knife without lawful authority.
Steven McIntyre is also accused of attempting to defeat the ends of justice.
Both denied all the charges at the preliminary hearing.
Lord Turnbull adjourned the case until a further hearing next month.
People who read this story also read
- Man who stabbed neighbour in back said he ‘didn’t put any force into it’
- Pensioner dies after being knocked down by car at bus station
- Man arrested in connection with bottle attack on nine-year-old girl
- Rangers newco owners deny season ticket cash has been taken from accounts
- Man to stand trial accused of murdering his 87-year-old grandmother