A woman has been airlifted to hospital after a car crash in North Uist.
The accident happened around 11.38am on Friday on the A867, three miles east of Clachan at Langass.
An air ambulance attended the scene and took the woman to hospital in Inverness. Details of her injuries have not yet been confirmed.
Northern Constabulary as well as the fire service were also in attendance.
It is understood she was the only occupant in the car and no one else has been injured.
The road remains closed while the accident is being dealt with and local diversions are in place.
People who read this story also read
- Forensic tests to be carried out on human skull found at beach
- Cancer-stricken Olivia Downie dies days after mercy flight from Mexico
- Islands projects to benefit from funding package worth nearly £4m
- The jury’s out as consultation opens on abolishing ‘not proven’ verdict
- Thousands stranded as flooding and landslides bring train lines to a halt